1. Bev Laurila, Program Director for Cardiac Sciences (among other programs) at Health Sciences Centre, has announced that she will be retiring as of January 27, 2017. Bev has worked in health care in the Winnipeg Region for over 40 years, and her vast knowledge and experience will certainly be missed. A tea will be held in her honour on January 27 from 2 – 4 pm in the Annie Bond Room in the Community Services Building (FE127) at HSC. Join us if you can!
2. Effective January 1st, Dr. Kunal Minhas and Dr. Allan Schaffer were named as medical leads for the Acute Cardiac Care Unit (ACCU) at SBH and the Coronary Care Unit (CCU) at HSC. Dr. Minhas is the Director and Dr. Schaffer the Associate Director. Join us in congratulating them on these new responsibilities!
3. SAVE THE DATE! ACS Network Heart Attack Day will be held on April 13, 2017 at the Sam Cohen Auditorium to launch the new provincial Acute Coronary Standards. More detailed information will be coming soon!
4. Lucy Cabel, Cardiology Technologist, will be retiring after 40+ years of service in the region, both at SBH and HSC. Her last day will be January 27th. Throughout Lucy’s long and distinguished career, she developed special expertise in Holter analyzing. Please stop by the Holter department at SBH to wish Lucy well in her retirement. Good luck, Lucy! Enjoy!
5. We’d like to welcome two new staff members on 5A at SBH. Erika Sandor (nurse) and Shanelle Nault (unit clerk) both started last week. Congratulations on these new positions, Erika & Shanelle, and best of luck as you continue your orientations!
6. "Don't find fault, find a remedy; anybody can complain." — Henry Ford